Hikingtips & Mountain safety advice
Enjoy the mountains of the Brandnertal and stay safe!
Hiking trails system Vorarlberg
Waymakers are listed according to three difficulties:
Hiking trails, light and easy walking
Mountain trail, hiking boots recommended
High alpineroute, for hikers with alpine experience, for the sure footed and free from giddiness
Tip: The location number is used by emergency services to find your exact location, this helps with rapid assistance.
112 International emergency number
144 Alpine emergency number
If something should happen:
WHAT has happened?
WHEN did the accident take place?
WHERE did the accident take place?
HOW MANY injured persons need rescuing?
WHO reports it?
Mountain safety advise
- Every mountain tour requires planning with a guide and map.
- Ensure you have appropriate equipment and clothing. Above all firm boots with grippy soles, protection against rain and cold are essential.
- Prior to departure inform your host or friends of the route and destination of the tour, as well as the probable time of return.
- Always take sufficient drinks with you!
- Do not leave marked paths and pass animals at a good distance.
- In the event of a threat of weather changing turn back without delay, and if storms break out seek a protected location and leave ridges or exposed sites. Never stand under isolated trees!