Climbing in the Brandnertal
Indoor- & Outdoor climbing, courses and routes
The steep rock and the unbelievable summit experience does not just attract experienced climbers and pros, it’s also great for children and beginners who wish to learn this wonderful sport in our climbing gardens under the guidance of experienced mountain school staff members.
Climbing options in- and outdoor
- Climbing garden at the Lünerseebahn valley station; Grade IV - VI+
- Climbing garden at the entrance of the Bürs Gorge; Grade V - X+
- Gemeindesaal Brand, climbing wall, T +43 5559 308
- VAL BLU Sports, climbing wall in- and outdoor, T +43 5552 67929
- ÖAV Bouldering, T +43 5552 62639
- Klimmerei, Bouldering, T +43 5552 21844
- Alpin Live, T +43 664 3416243, www.alpin-live.at
- BergAKTIV Brandnertal, T +43 664 88511271, www.bergaktiv.info
Via ferrata Saulakopf
The route was erected in June of 2007. The first part is very challenging with 200 m of steep climbing. The second part runs over an exposed ridge with a sensational view of the Montafon valley, Lünersee lake and Zimba.
Mountain: Saulakopf, 2.517 m
Difficulty: C/D and in one place E
How to get there: from the Douglass chalet about 1.15 h, from the Heinrich-Hueter chalet about 45 minutes
Descent: The descent runs along the normal hiking path.
Best time of year: June to October
Climbing time: Ascent: 1.5 hours, descent: 2 hours
Equipment: Helmet, climbing harness with via ferrata set, gloves
More via ferratas in the surrounding area
- Via ferrata Neyerscharte
- Via ferrata Zimbajoch
- Via ferrata Gauablickhöhle
Detailed information you'll also find on this websites: www.bergsteigen.at; www.klettersteig.com.