The pastoral care of Raggal was originally a branch church of Ludesch. In 1455 a chapel was built and enlarged in 1460. In the same year Raggal had received a local chaplaincy, but still "somewhat dependent on the mother church". After some disputes between the Mother Church and the chaplaincy, the Raggarians demanded complete separation from the Mother Church of Ludesch in 1581. It took 5 years until Raggal became an independent parish in 1586.