While the construction of the railway line in Langen am Arlberg had been very busy, numerous railway worker families remained in the town even after the opening in 1884. Soon efforts began to set up their own school in Langen am Arlberg. A desire that was finally granted in the 1920s.
The efforts to build a church in Langen am Arlberg, which found a special sponsor in Bishop Sigismund Waitz, date back to that time. He also tried pastoral theological considerations of the "railway population" to give special pastoral attention. After an emergency chapel had been set up in 1928 at the new school, pastors Adolf Zech and Bishop Waitz did everything in their power to bring about the construction of the church. As a patron, the so-called "little St. Theresa" was chosen, the Carmelite, who died in 1897 and was only canonized in 1925.
The Innsbruck architect Hans Feßler provided the plans for the planned as Expositur- and also pilgrimage church in honor of St. Theresa church. The terrain made some difficulties, which is why the little church caused great interest in its architecture and surroundings. As a result of the nearby train station rose the new Theresienkirche after its consecration in 1930 quickly become a popular place of pilgrimage. Numerous wedding couples also joined the union in Langen am Arlberg.
Inside the church, a mighty crucifix adorns the altar wall, assisted by the figures of St. Mary and St. John. Particularly beautiful are the stained glass to designs by Rudolf Stolz. For example, the incident light makes the circular depiction of the patron of the church very beautiful.
Opposite the Expositurkirche is the 1936 erected monument to the workers killed in the construction of the Arlberg tunnel. This also expresses the close connection of the place with the Arlbergbahn.